The plans found on Carteine station provide a detailed analysis of how the Argent Vanguard plans to make contact with Lynk on the other side.
Assault the Hive
- Chaos cult took control of a hive on ??
- Hive is buried under the surface, heavily fortified with mines, anti-air, and other underground defenses.
- Guard dispatched to reclaim it, but ground to a halt. Has been in a trench war for over a year.
High Casualties as Quickly as Possible
- The plan is to order a Guard assault on the hive: Over the top of the trenches, into the No Man’s Land.
- Near the front lines, the Argent Vanguard will position a troop transport with an Astropath inside. He is in charge of conducting the ritual of contact, powered with the souls of the dying guardsmen.
The Backup Plan
- Should the souls not be enough, there is a backup plan – 2 bands of acolytes were smuggled into the hive.
- They are charged with fighting their way to the landing bay controls and opening the landing doors.
- The landing doors would expose the center of the hive.
- The official plan is that once the doors are open, several Guard landers will be sent in to secure the hive.
- However, if the Astropath requires more souls, the Vanguard intends to launch a nuke into the heart of the hive, killing nearly everyone and releasing the psychic energy needed for the ritual.